Sunday, July 20, 2008

My lungs are out of air & yours are holding smoke -Norah Jones




-Life expectancy of individuals with (Cystic Fibrosis) & adequate pancreatic function can be more than 50 years.




Hey thats me....my Doc told me that people with adequate pancreatic function live longer but I didn't know it was that much longer!!! The life expectancy for a CFr with inadequate pancreas function is 37, well thats an average. That makes me happy :)




Something else I learned about CF today is that Ireland has the highest rate of CF carriers in the world (1 in 19). That is pretty crazy, so in the 1980's studies showed that there was 30,000 people in the USA that had CF and people today still use that same statistic....man if anyone is reading this lets UPDATE IT!! I know through the last 25 + years there has been a lot more genes of CF that have been discovered, so why hasn't this statistic been updated?? We could get government funding if there was a increasing amount of the number of CFr's in the US.




Man life is hard, life is harder with CF, treatments are lame and take up to much of my time, but I still have to do them x2 a day.




I am feeling extremely self-centered today....I don't know I am just in a downer mood.

1 comment:

Leah said...

i'm very sorry that you are in the hospital again. what a bummer. and i am mad at the doc who let you out last time, because it puts you back at the beginning. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.