Saturday, December 27, 2008

"Prone to wander, Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love." -Robert Robinson



This song rings true to my heart so often, especially that particular phrase. Sad but true my heart, mind and will often turn and take the path that is wide, flat and which leads to destruction.


My sinful rebellion is pleasureful at times, filled with temporary satisfaction but after the temptation has been satisfied it only leaves me feeling, not only alone, but now my heart is filled with grief.


Why do I keep falling for the same lusts again and again and again? Do I not learn, why do I yell when I get mad, knowing it will only bring hurt to not only me but the recipient as well?


Why do I cut corners at work, break the speed limit, why don't I pick up the Bible when I know I should?

My God, my God, why have I forsaken you? When I tell that white lie am I stabbing that sword in your side?

Still you love me, still you came to save me. I am ashamed of who I am, I am ashamed that I am the daughter of God, the daughter of the King of kings and Lord of lords, the Prince of peace and the great I am. Who am I that you should be mindful of me?

I can't say sorry enough, I can't make up for what I have done, I am your child, my God my love.


....Lately I have been having a lot of fun with family friends and Christmas, but I feel as though I have not given glory to where glory is due, to our Savior our Lord, Christ the living King!


Next week I only have a 3 day week which I am so excited about! I wanted to get away for bit, but it seems as if there is no one to go with. I am so thankful for my family, they are such a blessing and the greatest blessing I have here on earth!!


Thank you Lord for your son, thank you Jesus for your life, thank you for every breath, thank you, oh Jesus thank you.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Beautifully written Bex. God will hear your heart's cry and come meet with you and pour Himself out upon you. Like we all know- we just need to come to the end of ourselves sometimes before the Lord can really just come in and "clean house". Love you much girlie.