Monday, February 2, 2009

Are you who you wanna be -Switchfoot



This last weekend, I was able to attend a reunion for Calvary Chapel Fallbrook youth group.


It was so much fun, we surprised Danny our youth pastor on his birthday and said thank you for all he has done for us. Danny Ramos is one of the most influential people in my life, and I am eternally grateful for all he has done.


Not to mention all the wonderful people in that youth group and how much fun and love they share, truly we will always be a family, and how grateful I am to be apart of that family.


Those days were some of the happiest days of my life, and I thank God for allowing me to live long enough to be a part of that reunion. Though I wait earnestly for the day we will be in heaven together and never have to say good bye ever again!!!



While I was there Daniela my longest running and bestest friend, said something that stuck with me and encouraged and exhorted me. She was talking and said that she was going to theme her years, and this year was, "Bring my A-game."


I told her how I thought that was neat, and it was good she was so organized with her life, and thought about how I had been feeling lately, directionless, sinking in a swamp of discontentness.


All of the sudden I don't know how but I thought,"Follow thru," That was my years theme, it scared me, and Daniela said, "Are you ready to rise to the occasion?" I said, "I don't know where to start."


I still don't know where to start but that is my theme for the year and it still does scare but nothing worth while was ever easy.


I am the Lord's and He is mine!!!! I can put all my trust in him and lean not on my own understanding but in all my ways acknowledge Him and he will direct my path!!

1 comment:

Natalie Marie Guarascio said...

Hey Becca, I am glad I found your blog. I am blessed by your honesty and heart. Keep pressing into Him and remain open about your feelings. Know you are not alone and we all feel unsure about our future or disheveled sometimes. Hang in there. Blessings, Nat