Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My soul why are you disturbed within me? -Jennifer Knapp


Can I say the right thing, can I do the right thing, will I ever be satisfied?


Tears feel as though they will erupt from my eyes, for crying feels as though it will be the only reaction that will satisfy the eternal battle that goes on inside of me.


There is a yearning deep inside of me that keeps longing and I don't know what to do, it feels as though it is a endless pit of need.


My belly is full, I have a warm bed and a roof over my head, clothes to wear and a family to share, what more can I want, what more can I possibly need?


Still I want, still something is missing, how can this be when I know what I need, I need my Lord, Jesus Christ my Savior. If I believe if I except and follow Him how can I still feel this yearning inside of my very being, my heart is keeps on screaming for something that is missing?


This question troubles me these feeling confuse me and I long for an answer, Lord is this feeling of need the result of sin, is this feeling of need because I need to draw closer to you?


I can't have the nourishment of food by staring at, by knowing it is there, I have to consume it and digest it.


Why can't I just run to what I need instead of trying the same thing again and again like a dog returning to its vomit?




No comments: