Monday, June 9, 2008

I wanna be sedated-The Ramons


I didn't go to work today, I try to go to sleep but I was filled with anxiety, I don't know why I was anxious, I just was.


About 11:30 I took a muscle relaxer and tried to focus on slowing my breathing and bring my heart rate down, I don't remember to much after that. The only problem is that in the morning I was super groggy.


I called in sick, I felt bad, like a flake, but going to work like that wouldn't have been good either. I got up about 9am, did my treatments, ate some smoked jack cheese and went back to bed, I woke up again at 2:30pm.


I slowly got up and spent some time on the computer took a shower and went to my chiropractors appt. We went over my x-ray and he said my neck is 12mm to far forward, and is also concerned about my lower back.


I need to see him 3x a week for the next month to do aggressive corrective therapy, he adjusted my neck, had me do some exercises to strengthen my spin. As well as I will be getting a massage next week, all of this is covered from the auto accident.


There are some advancements in Cystic Fibrosis research that seems promising, I read an article about a new drug by Inspire Pharmaceuticals, called Denufosol tetrasodium .


Patients who inhaled denufosol breathed easier after 24 weeks and continued to improve as they stayed on the drug another 24 weeks, according to the study results.


In comparison, patients who did not receive the drug showed improvement only once they switched to denufosol.

Cystic fibrosis causes a number of problems, including thick mucus that blocks airways and leads to inflammation and infection.

"The progressive improvement was striking," Knowles said.
Inspire is still testing denufosol in a safety study and a second Phase III clinical trial called Tiger-2. The drug is at least two years from becoming available. But to investors it finally looks like the company is on the right track.


Well lets hope and pray that the Lord's hands are on all who are involved. Help fight CF, donate to CFRI, or to CFF and please be an organ donor!! We can beat this together.

No comments: