Monday, August 16, 2010

Attitude, yeah I know I have it.





So, the days get harder and harder to bare in here. My tolerance for other people gets less and less. I become very irritable and just simply start to feel like I am losing my mind when I am confined to such small quarters for such a long time.

I don't like having a stranger come and wake me from slumber, heck I don't like it when my beloved husband wakes me from slumber let alone someone I have never meet!

Oh and the touching, yuck! So many people I don't know wrapping the blood pressure cuff around my arm, grabbing my wrist with no for warning and taking my pulse! I feel like saying," excuse me, I was just in mid typing sentence and you just messed me up by pulling my wrist away!"

Not that what I am doing is so much more important, it is the issue of respect as a human being and not as just another patient in a room.

Forgive me if this sounds rude but forgive you for not putting yourself in the patients shoes! I might mot be to friendly when I just get my lunch, pull the wrapper back and lift my meal to my face and you walk in and say,

"may I take your vitals?"

No! No you may not take my vitals, no you may not ask how many BM's I have had that day in front of my visitor! No, you may not! Not because I don't care but because I do care. I do care how many times you poke my arm for blood work, I do care if my treatments don't get done because I don't feel good or because I am asleep, that is why I am here in the first place because I care!

So lets remember we are both human.

No comments: