Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Space Cadet



Home sweet home, ahhhhhh. I drove myself home yesterday, Kyle did come pick me up but I drove back. You see the window in the Mita won't roll down on the passenger side and I had to much luggage to take home in order to put the top down. I have this need to have a little air flow even if it is just a crack in the window, I feel like I am suffocating if I don't have that air flow, weird I know.

We got home at about 7:30pm and the In-Home nurse was suppose to come at 8pm, this is my first time doing home IV's ever so, I don't know what I am doing! Eight o'clock came, eight thirty came and so forth. I finally called my sister and asked her to come over and show me what to do but I had a different Infusion company and they used a pump she had never used! I was stressing out because it is all about time with this antibiotic and I didn't want to miss a dose. Finally the nurse called back and showed up at around 10pm! Then we sat there for and hour while she was on the phone with a pharmacist trying to reset the pump's rate time, ahhhhh! The dose finally began to drip at 11pm!

I still have to take benhadryl 50mg an hour before infusion, in the hospital I new it made me sleepy but I didn't realize how spacey it made me until I came home and tried to do normal everyday tasks. I lost my keys three times within a half an hour! Oh my, it is frustrating. I feel like I am acting normal but when I do something like that I can't help but think, "how stupid of me!"

I am going to try and be more active even while I am still on the IV antibiotics. My PFTs were at 54% when I was admitted but five days later they jumped up 18% to 72%! My goal for the rest of the course is to bring my PFTs up between 80% to 85%, so I have at least 8 more % to go, at least!! I am really hope I can do this, it will not only help me physically but mentally and emotionally as I fight this horrible disease!

Please pray for me that I would be able to fight for this goal and that God would give me strength and endurance to walk this road He put ahead of me. We all have our daily trials, this is just the one God choice for me, the key is that He gets the glory even if we fall or stand up, all Glory and power to the name of Jesus Christ our Lord!

6 comments:

Leah said...

that second picture is funny! you seemed awesomely active today when i saw you! you didn't even write about how you babysat your nephew one day after getting out of the hospital! can you say rockstar?! love you xxx

K-Kat said...

ROCKSTAR!!!

Unknown said...

You can do it! keep us posted on your progress!

Sharlie Kaltenbach said...

I'm right there with you sweetie! Going into my fifth week of I.V.'s (boo)! I've always started my I.V.'s in the hospital and then finished at home. It's SO nice to be home...especially when you are a newlywed : ) Anyway, you should have called me, I could probably walk you through anything home I.V. related, I've been doing it for so many years and probably used every kind of pump etc. Anyway, if you ever need anything call my cell 619.750.7527. Praying for you to reach your goal and recover quickly! Love, Sharlie

Alyssa said...

I didn't know this was your first time with home IV's. It can be very stressful. Especially when the home nurse doesn't arrive on time!

That is amazing your PFT's went up so much. You can definitely get them higher! Good luck!

Nana said...

Sweet Pea,
All we can say is "awesome lady" you are so strong, and God is with you every step. Take advantage of your sis, your friends and all who have been thru this, they are "veterans" and will guide you.You continue to be strong in all areas of your life, and you have a strong, loving husband who is there for you, every step. We admire you girls soooo much, for the gift of strength, and endurance that the Lord has given you. You two are true "champions" to encourage,to be a sample, to be a caregiver, friend, etc. We are so proud of you for your faith, determination and example. Love you so much!! Pop and Nana